Autel Support Communities
Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostic & Analysis System > MaxiSys > MS906TS Causing Communication Issues on ...
MS906TS Causing Communication Issues on Nissan Vehicles/No Start

1909 Views 1 Replies Latest reply: 2018-02-06 20:33:53

•   Level 1   
    (8) points
    everest
    2018-02-02 16:52:07
    Here is the email I have sent to support regarding this subject.  Pretty disappointed.  Just purchased a new MS906TS after using my MaxiSys908 for several years with few issues (well, issues here and there but nothing like this).

"I recently purchased a MS906 TS after demoing it for a week.  I have been using my Maxi908 for a few years now with no major issues.  The first time I hooked the MS906TS to a Nissan today (2002 Altima 2.5L VIN 1N4AL11E42C16614), it set a check engine light U1000 and U1001 code, the tachometer would not work.  I disconnected and hooked up my SnapOn scanner and diagnosed the car without issue.  Later today I hooked it up to diagnose a 2008 Nissan Xterra 4.0L VIN 5N1AN08U58C518642, it also set a check engine light U1000/U1001, turned on radiator fans as soon as it is plugged in, and created a crank no start condition.  I tried using the Chrysler adapter as I read in some other posts, no luck, same problem.  I have owned this tool for about 2 days now - what is the problem?"

My Email is travis@everestautorepair.com if you would like to email me directly.  I don't have high hopes of seeing a response or resolution to this post any time soon.  My past experience with the Autel support is that it is fairly non-existent or at least you will not be contacted in a timely manner.  This had been acceptable in the past because the tool was just so darn useful, however, my old 908 had never caused a new problem.  The worst problems I had with it were basically functions that it claimed to be doing but weren't actually being done (i.e. command injector on, not actually commanded on, waste time diagnosing pcm/wire issues).  May decide to return this MS906TS because of this and just stick with my old 908 that I haven't updated for a year.

•   Level 1   
    (8) points
    everest
    2018-02-06 20:33:53
    After speaking with the supplier I purchased the tool from, I got a response from a former Autel representative.  He said the issue sounded like a corrupted VCI firmware, suggested I update the VCI firmware and see if that worked.  Did that (plug VCI in via USB to tool and go to settings update), and it seems to be resolved.  Pretty lucky that a former Autel employee that did tech support now works for Advance Auto and knew what was wrong.  Got an email today from Autel tech support that was pretty useless, just said to send them a datalog because it was a weird problem.  Well I can't datalog the vehicle because the customer picked it up already.  Also, this forum is soooo slow but only when logged in.....  whats up with that.
  Total1 Pages